Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Substitute Brown Sugar Sucanat Cookies

Gomorrah Roberto Saviano




Despite the admirable honesty to what is said (no, I for one, doubts that we need a good dose of courage to put on paper some names and surnames, with the inscription GUILTY) not enough, in my opinion, to make a good book Gomorrah. What I read is a journalist's report, just a collection of names, facts, places, episodes of sometimes unrelated to each other. A journalist's report for no other written very well, indeed in some places just this lily. Reading is often difficult, the writing does not flow away easily because of the lack of care style. Probably I was that I expected something different and then I closed puzzled as to how and why he climbed the summits of the world rankings. From what I read, Saviano to miss that extra mile to make the jump from journalist to novelist. Praise be to the intentions (but only to those).

0 comments:

Post a Comment